The Hybrid Journal

Mersault

Category

Community

Why i love reading your MMO blog

Are bloggers’ opinions worth more than the “normal” gamer opinion? Are we full of ourselves? Some comments in Massively Overpowered’s “Global Chat” column suggest that. After a bit of a detour i share why i love reading your MMORPG blog. And in the end, i finally publish the Blogroll of this site- not sure if it’ll stay this way, but for now, this is what i’d like to use.

Dual Wielding: is it dead yet?

Dual Wielding: A series featuring two bloggers writing on one topic and answering the question, “If the pen is mightier than the sword, what happens when you dual wield?”
This month, we are taking a look at our beloved genre: what does the future hold? After EQ Next’s cancellation, is there even a future to wait for?

A quiet week

This week should have been big- really big. The Elder Scrolls’ Thieves Guild DLC launched, The Division launched and it is only week 2 of Black Desert Online. So there were three games i really like that needed my attention. And then…i decided to let it all pass me by.

/Saved: Black Desert, Cash shops, thinking in MMOs and goodbyes

There’s a lot to share this week, as we can take a closer look at Black Desert Online and The Division. There are also some opinion pieces on cash shops in general or Black Desert’s offerings in particular. There’s talk about unnecessary game systems as well as thinking in MMORPGs- and a goodbye-post, as well.

/Saved: Beta impressions, Evergreen topics and ingame adventures

This week, there were some interesting posts about games in (early) testing- namely Atlas Reactor and Black Desert Online, a discussion about solo play in MMORGs and ingame adventures from The Secret World and Final Fantasy XIV as well as some thoughts about map/zone design.

The middle section of the dungeon.

Growing a small social guild

Is it possible to create one of those tight-knit, 10+ years small social guilds in today’s MMORPG environment? And if it is, what are ways to achieve that goal? A few thoughts on that subject.

Dual Wielding: On Negativity

Dual Wielding: A series featuring two bloggers writing on one topic and answering the question, “If the pen is mightier than the sword, what happens when you dual wield?”

This week, we’ll take a look at Negativity in the MMORPG community.

/Saved – week 6-2016

See what posts i really liked this week. There’s a bit about Blade&Soul, The Secret World, Guild Management and a new podcast i found.

Travel log: Orsinium sights

Tonight, our guild group has been to Wrothgar, again. I have to say, i love how we can simply set off out of the city and go exploring. We tried to follow quests, but were soon distracted by stuff we saw in the landscape- and also, because Edu is one difficult boss to kill.

© 2017 The Hybrid Journal — Powered by WordPress

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑